Here's wishing all friends of 'Everyball' a very happy New Year and all the best for 2018!
Here are John Wooden's (Former Head Coach of UCLA Basketball winning 10 NCAA Championships in a 12-year period) nine promises to yourself as we think about the year ahead. Imagine your family, workplace, club, team and organisational culture if we lived this out consistently through the coming year...
1. Promise yourself that you will talk health, happiness and prosperity as often as possible
2. Promise yourself to make all your friends know there is something in them special and you value
3. Promise to think only the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best in yourself and others
4. Promise to be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own
5. Promise to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind
6. Promise to forget the mistakes of the past and press on to greater achievements in the future
7. Promise to wear a cheerful appearance at all times and give every person you meet a smile
8. Promise to give so much to improving yourself that you have no time to criticise others
9. Promise to be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit trouble to press on you
Enjoy your celebrations tonight and look forward to working with you all in 2018.