Fighting for everyball is a mentality as well as a technical, tactical and physical skill.
- I am in a constant state of athletic readiness to move and compete (athletic height and width of base)
- I never slow down until the ball has bounced twice!
- I believe that 'If I touch it, I'll make it!'
- I'm relentless in 'beating the bounce' - getting behind the ball before it lands and being on balance to hit at hip high
- I 'beat the hit' by recovering my position before my opponent contacts ball
- I'll play with courageous purpose, respecting percentage tennis and understanding phase of play and when to rally, attack and defend, not being too aggressive or too passive but just right whilst using my strengths versus my opponent's weaknesses
The best players do the basics brilliantly rather than brilliant flashes!
Shot makers cause upsets but rarely win tournaments.