- my opponent could play lights out tennis
- he may hit a let-cord winner on a key point
- I may break a string on a key point
- he may make a mistake or two on line calls and he may well accuse me of the same!
- the lighting may be poor and the balls not to my liking
- my match may be delayed for some-time
- I may pick up a niggle/injury
- I may struggle for timing/form or start badly
- I may lose a set from a winning position
- I may find myself getting really nervous/chocking and slow on my feet
- "It's ok I can handle it'
- Hang in there and wait for your moment
- Who's doing what to who? How and why are points being won and lost?
- Slow down, relax, breathe
- It's ok - I knew that could happen. This is competition.
- I can turn this around, keep working.
- Ok, accept this and move on
- Use what you've today - stay competitive
- C'mon; expect good things to happen
Well there was supposed to be some text in front of that video!
Job done today, good to get on and feel the speed of the court. Opponent played some good points but just lacked the some rally tolerance which enabled me to control things and ultimately deny him a chance to post a game on the score-board.
Game felt pretty good. Came in whenever possible but also felt pretty good moving at the back. Struggled to find the slider out wide and down the T although the video courtesy of Matt Rogan watching on caught a good one on match point! Thanks for the support Matt and best for tomorrow!
No doubt sterner tests to follow but good to have first round out of the way and feel my way into the event.
Also had a smiley Sarah Tricks as referee just to make me feel right at home ;-)